St Anselms Church is a grade II listed building completed in 1933 . The foundation stone had been laid in 1913 but the outbreak of war stopped building.
The original plan for the church by S.D. Adshead and S.C. Ramsey was for a cruciform layout with a dome over but due to lack of funds the plans were curtailed. The church is a simple design and has been described a ‘brick box’. It is made from yellow London stock brick.
The original St Anselms (a mission hall with church over) was built in 1887 just south of Sancroft street.