The Claylands Congregational Church opened in 1836. The exterior remains essentially unchanged (see picture from c1905) except for the windows which have been modernised, the old signage removed. The railings were also altered but retain their original character.
The facade is a classical pedimented front. In the centre of the front there are three entrance doors divided by stucco pilasters with a cornice and blocking course above.
To the rear of the property, the ‘Claylands Sunday Schools’ sign testifies to the extension built in 1899.
The church is now home to Rolfe Judd architects.