More than 50 people turned out on Saturday for the St Marks Churchyard makeover event. With the Princes Trust team from Friday, we can rightly claim to have put on Lambeth’s largest community Freshview event to date. Below are a few pictures with some more here.
By any measure this was a successful event so much so that we want to do something similar in September. We’ll let people know when the dates are firmed up. There are so many people that should be thanked it’s difficult to know where to start. Without the volunteers nothing would have got done so the biggest thanks must go to them but here are a few of the organisations involved
- The Lambeth Freshview team – what a wonderful idea this scheme is
- St Marks Church – Stephen Coulson -vicar of St Marks- was magnificent
- Lambeth Parks – Who gave lots of support
- City and Country Farmer’s Market – Laurentiu , market manager with a particular thanks to Cafe Bancarella who provided tea and coffee
- Princes Trust Kennington Centre – Rachael’s team had the glory of being first.
- Oval Partnership -For helping set up the Oval Farmer’s Market in the first place, keeping up the interest over the years and being there when you were needed
And an extra special thanks to local councillor Jane Edbrooke for encouraging me to be ‘green champion’ for this event.